- PARKS & TRAILS
- Forestry and Open Space
- Memorial Tree Program
Parker Memorial Tree Program
The Town of Parker's Memorial Tree Program provides a unique and meaningful way for citizens to honor and remember loved ones, while adding beauty and environmental benefit to the community for years to come.
Memorial Tree Program Overview
Residents may fill out a Memorial Tree Request Form, which will be reviewed and responded to by the Forestry Division. In the form, applicants, or memorial tree sponsors, will choose the tree type and planting location. The current tree sponsorship range of the program is $200-$400, which includes the tree and installation, continued maintenance of the tree, planting certificate and listing on the digital Memorial Tree Map. The final sponsorship amount will be determined early in the application process. The program planting season is May 1 through Aug. 31. Request forms must be received by July 31 to be considered for planting that same year.
The Memorial Tree
- In the Memorial Tree Request Form, choose the type of tree, deciduous shade, ornamental or evergreen, and our Forestry Division will choose a specific species from that category, based on availability and site-appropriateness.
- The standard tree will be 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter, when planted.
- In the Memorial Tree Request Form, choose the preferred tree location. Suggested locations include:
View a parks and facilities overview map here Version Options Parker Memorial Tree Program Headline. Staff will work with the Memorial Tree sponsor to determine the final location for the tree on Town-maintained property. Trees are limited to irrigated areas, which may exclude open space.
- Planting of the tree will be completed by Town staff or a preselected contractor. Town staff will maintain the tree by watering, staking and pruning the tree, when necessary.
- View the Memorial Tree Map here .
- The Town of Parker will ensure the life of the tree and/or replacement for two years following the original installation date. The Town will make every reasonable effort to maintain the tree, but will not be responsible for acts of nature, unintentional damage or vandalism. At the Town's sole discretion, the tree may be replaced, should it not survive beyond the two-year period, at no cost to the Memorial Tree sponsor. Please note that broken branches or the natural shape of the tree are not considered reasons for replacement.
- The Town reserves the right to replace, remove or relocate the tree if it is determined the planting site or specific tree is no longer suitable.
Additional Program Guidelines
- Due to resource limitations, the Memorial Tree sponsor or honoree must be or have been a resident of incorporated Parker.
- Honorees are limited to deceased family member or friend, excluding pets.
- The Memorial Tree sponsor will receive a certificate of acknowledgement, including the location (gps coordinates) of the tree and the date it was planted.
- Due to required maintenance and potential for vandalism, plaques or markers are not permitted on site with the tree.
- Non-perishable items, such as photos, plastic flowers, beads, etc. are not permitted at the tree site and will be removed.
- Please do not spread ashes at the tree site.
- The program planting season is May 1 through Aug. 31. The initial request form processing may take up to 30 days; request forms must be received by July 31 to be eligible for planting that same year.
- The final tree sponsorship amount, which may currently range from $200 to $400, will be acquired from a local tree nursery. The Town will purchase and plant the tree, once payment has been received.
- The program cost is subject to change from year to year.
Memorial Tree Program Contact
Forestry and Open Space Division | Email | Ph: 303.805.3244