- You Are Here:
- PARKS & TRAILS
- Parks and Trails Rules and Regulations
Parker Parks and Trails Rules and Regulations
Park Rules and Regulations
For a complete list of park regulations, please review Parker Municipal Code Chapter 12.02, available online or by calling 303.841.0353.
The following rules apply at all parks, trails and open space, unless otherwise noted:
- No alcohol is permitted in Town of Parker parks. However, alcohol possession and consumption is allowed at Discovery Park during Parker Arts Summer Concert Series events, between the hours of 4 to 9 p.m.
- No glass containers.
- No Tobacco use is allowed within 50 feet of a playground. No tobacco or smoking of any kind at Railbender Park.
- Under Colorado state law (Colo. Const. Art. XVIII, Sec. 16(3)(d)), a person cannot consume/use marijuana “openly and publicly;” therefore a person cannot consume/use marijuana on any Town property, and it is a criminal violation.
- Motorized vehicles are restricted to parking lots and streets. The speed limit on all trails, roadways and parking areas within park lands is fifteen (15) miles per hour.
- Any unreasonably loud or unusual noise which seriously inconveniences other persons in the area shall be prohibited.
- No destruction or removal of Town property. This includes but is not limited to digging, golfing, damage to trees, etc.
- No littering or vandalism.
- All pets must be on a leash and under control. Please pick up after your pets.
- Respect wildlife. Keep your distance. It is unlawful to catch, trap, molest, harm, kill or chase any wild animals or birds, or their habitat.
- No hunting or fishing.
- No trespassing in enclosed or restricted areas. Please respect private property.
- No camping.
- Fires/grills are allowed in designated areas only.
- No discharging of firearms, fireworks, rockets or other explosive devices.
- No archery practice, unless it is within the setting of a structured class offered by the Town.
- Additional site-specific regulations are posted onsite at each park.
Tents and Structures
Tents, booths, stands, awnings, canopies, bounce house, etc. may be allowed with the express consent of the Town. Stakes cannot be driven into the grass to secure poles. Water, metal or sand weights may be used to secure poles.
Municipal Code 12.02.200 – Alcohol states: It is unlawful for any person to possess or consume alcohol beverages on park lands except in compliance with a special permit issued by the Town.
Railbender Skate and Tennis Park
- Railbender Park is open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. All other Town of Parker parks are open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- No tobacco or smoking of any kind at Railbender Park.
- Skatepark Rules and Regulations
- Tennis Court Rules and Regulations
Trail Etiquette and Safety
- Share the trail. Ride, walk or run on the right, pass on the left.
- Stay on the trail. Use unpaved trails only when they are dry, not muddy or wet, to avoid leaving ruts or prints.
- Bicyclists yield to equestrians, runners and hikers. Keep your bike under control and obey posted speed limits.
- Runners and hikers yield to equestrians.
- Announce or alert when you are planning to pass. Use a calm voice to warn equestrians, as bells or horns may frighten horses.
- Use caution when using headphones. You may not be able to hear people trying to warn you.
- No motorized vehicles off designated roadways or on trails. Personal power-assisted mobility devices are permitted for individuals with disabilities.
The Town prohibits model craft of any kind in Salisbury Equestrian Park. The Town prohibits hazardous activities at all Town parks and open space, which may include model craft of any kind that is not operated in a safe manner. The United States Department of Transportation issued Model Aircraft Operating Standards, which can be summarized as follows:
- Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
- Keep the model craft within visual line of sight at all times
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
- Don’t fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
- Don’t fly near people, bicyclists, motorists, roadways, parking lots or stadiums
- Therefore, no drone use is allowed at sporting or special events.
- Don’t fly model craft that weighs more than 55 lbs.
- Don’t be careless or reckless with your model craft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft