About the Program
Parker Recreation partners with CancerFit Institute to offer exercise programs to adult cancer survivors. Exercise Physiologists with a cancer specialty oversee all aspects of the exercise regimen, which aids in recovery and general fitness during and after treatment. The fitness program includes flexibility, cardiovascular, and strength training.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Morning session: 10 - 11:15 a.m.
- Evening session: 5:30 - 6:45 p.m.
- 3-month exercise program is only $180*
*Scholarships are available for those who qualify
CancerFit is open to adults of all ages and fitness levels. Participants are both men and women who have survived every type of cancer.
CancerFit participants receive:
- Pre and post fitness assessments with flexible scheduling
- One-on-one professional exercise guidance
- Personal training
- Unlimited use of the recreation center
- Social events
- A lot of support and fun with other survivors
How does exercise benefit a cancer survivor?
- Reduces pain and nausea
- Improves cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves ability to perform day-to-day tasks
- Enhances mood and reduces anxiety
- Refocuses energy from illness to wellness
To get started with CancerFit, please email Todd Panik, Fitness and Wellness Supervisor, or call at 303.805.3278.