Park and Recreation Month
During Park and Recreation Month, National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) challenges you to explore the "undiscovered" activities and programs with Parker Parks and Recreation. Discover a new trail, participate in a new class or activity or visit a local park with your family. Join us this July as we provide activities for you to discover all month long! Throughout the month of July, share your photos of you and your family "Discovering Parker Parks and Recreation" by tagging us, @ParkerRec on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! You can also use these hashtags: #ParkerRec #DiscoverJuly.
Discover July in Parker
- July 1-31: Grab the family and discover a new trail around Parker. Better yet, pack a picnic and enjoy a sunny day at Tallman Meadow Park, McCabe Meadows or a new favorite spot.
- July 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31: FREE Yoga in the Park; no registration necessary, 4 - 5 p.m at O'Brien Park
- July 6, 13, 20, 27: Discount Nights at H2O'Brien Pool; $1 off per person after 6 p.m.
- July 9: FREE High Fitness Cardio Workout at Discovery Park from 9 - 10 a.m. For more information, contact Todd Panik at email@example.com or 303.805.3278.
- July 10-13: Hunt for a duck on the Cherry Creek Regional Trail between the Recreation Center and McCabe Meadows. Ducks will be placed by 8 a.m. each morning. Find a duck and return it to the Recreation Center, 17301 E. Lincoln Ave., to claim your prize! Each person may only win once. Don't forget to share your photos on our social media pages!
- July 11, 25: FREE Zumba in the park, at Discovery Park from 6 to 7 p.m. No registration necessary, contact Jaime Vollertsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.805.3267 for more information.
- July 13: Discover Silly Science - Children ages 3 to 6 make ooey, gooey concoctions and more silly science fun at the Parker Fieldhouse from 10 to 11 a.m. Pre-registration required, visit www.ParkerRec.com/KidsZone or contact Diane Lange at email@example.com or 303.805.3281 for more information.
- July 14: FREE Skate Night at the Parker Fieldhouse from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- This is a time designated for open skating with no hockey allowed. Skate Nights are great events for skaters of all ages or teens who are looking for something to do on a Saturday night! Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult while at the Fieldhouse. Participants must bring their own skates. Skate Night does not include other Fieldhouse venues.
- July 17,24, 31: FREE Boot Camp at Discovery Park from 9 to 10 a.m. For more information, contact Todd Panik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.805.3278.
- July 17: FREE Fencing Demo at Discovery Park from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. For more information, contact Errin Koon at email@example.com or 303.805.6308.
- July 19: FREE Active Aging Adults BINGO and POTLUCK at the Parker Recreation Center, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Contact Deni Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.805.3206 for more information.
- July 23 : Discover Tiny Artists - children ages 2 to 3 will make crafts, do art projects and have a great time together at the Parker Fieldhouse from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Pre-registration required, visit www.ParkerRec.com/KidsZone or contact Diane Lange at email@example.com or 303.805.3281 for more information.
- July 23: FREE High Fitness Cardio Workout at Discovery Park from 7 - 8 p.m. For more information, contact Todd Panik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.805.3278.
- July 25: FREE Rueter-Hess Information Session; 4 p.m. at the Rueter-Hess Reservoir.
- July 28 - FREE Pickleball Tournament at the Parker Fieldhouse.
Join Our Social Media Contest!Tag Parker Recreation (@ParkerRec and/or #ParkerRec) on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram showing how you "Discover July" in Parker to be entered into our weekly drawing. One winner will be randomly selected from photo submissions each Friday in July and will receive a Parker Parks and Recreation swag bag.
**In order for photos to be searchable, you will need to post from a public profile.**
Inclement weather and schedule updates will be posted to Twitter and Facebook.