Parker Recreation Coach and Parent Resources
Town of Parker - Sports Policy and Procedure Manual (PDF)
- Coaches Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Concussion Training - As of January 2012, all coaches of youth ages 11 to 18 will be required to receive annual concussion training. If you coach grade 5 and higher, you will need to take this training prior to coaching.>
- Practice Outline (PDF)
- Practice Progression (PDF)
- Progression of the Young Athlete (PDF)
- Sportsmanship (PDF)
- Working with Parents (PDF)
- Parent Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Player Code of Conduct (PDF)
- The Role of the Sport Parent (PDF)
- Empowering Conversations with Your Child (PDF)
Concussion Training and Law
As of January 2012, all coaches of youth ages 11 to 18 will be required to receive annual concussion training. If you coach any division ages 10 or higher, you will need to take this training prior to coaching.
In summary, if a coach suspects a child has sustained a concussion following an observed or suspected blow to the head or body, the child will immediately be removed from the activity.
Parents/guardians are required by law to obtain medical clearance from a health care provider with training and specialization in concussion evaluation and management before the child may return to play.
- Concussion Training - Free training and resources for parents and coaches offered through the CDC.
- Colorado Senate Bill 11-040 (PDF) - Jake Snakenberg Youth Concussion Act
- Soccer Coaches Manual (PDF) - Courtesy of Performance Soccer LLC
- Kinder and Mini Mite Drills (PDF)
- More Drills for Ages 3 to 5 (PDF) - Courtesy of Performance Soccer LLC (PDF)
- Free Youth Soccer Drills - All Ages
- Shooting Practice (PDF)
- Passing Practice (PDF)
- The Challenger Way (PDF)
- Volleyball Drills (PDF)
- Volleyball Drills (PDF) - Great site with video demonstrations!
These sites have resources and tools for coaches, parents, and athletes. Most provide free resources and will give you great tips for having a fun and successful season.